I refuse to write to be read.
I am absolutely exhausted of seeing loads of articles about how to write (which would probably benefit me), what to write about (which is just dumb, you should have a what before you start, why start otherwise?) and a long list of tips about how to write for the reader AND I AM DONE WITH IT.
I am not here to please you in any way, shape, or form. I am here to talk about the shit that bothers me (and my friends have threatened me to gosth me if I keep ranting about it). This is the only honest reason (besides having a more tangible way to be sort-of-constant at writing). And I intend of keeping it this way.
I do believe some of my content can give value to people (not this piece, in particular, this is just a stoned clarification to myself). I believe there is at least 1 good idea to be shared in every Movie/Show review I have done so far:
- Never have I ever is about the underlying conception of being attracted to caucasian-like people
- The aeronaut was about how we have pointed at “manly values” as “good values” and therefore our hole feminist system has said that a woman is “more feminist”, therefore better, if she acts like a freaking man. Being brave is not a freaking good quality, TAKING CARE is.
- Both Outer Banks were tackling how the relations we seek are influenced by how our caretakers have behaved with us. Also about how to handle and get through a “bad” (or really any type) relationship with dad.
- (A half-written one) is called “Carnival Row is about feminist economics. Here is why” where I basically analyze how come the fae Land didn’t “evolve” as much as the human one, and how this is way more breathtaking than the industrialization the humans went through.
Anyway, you get the gist.
My more “productive oriented” is, well, my freaking accountability journal. Check out the “Dear BingeWatcher Me” series (also found under the tag Dear Bingewatcher Me) were I explore how can I solve my long-term addiction to TV-shows (aka Netflix, Prime, HBO, …) and YouTube. I warn you, it will be messy, but you are more than welcome to join the challenge if you fancy.
And the third category would be ranting about capitalism (“Being what I am” type of writing is my fourth genre. This kind of unapologetic-i-am-not-trying-to-please-you rant). And I’ve done this with:
- Ignoring social media as a LIFESTYLE
- Ranting about how shitty and perverse the “4h workweek idea” really is.
Also, be warned, I am a contradiction. How can I not? I mean. I see myself as a collection of people in a timeline. Something like this:
So, let’s see. Here you can see 5 “me”. I am only the last one, the one in the present. I do not respond to the mistakes of my past one because we are DIFFERENT PEOPLE. I understand myself as a constantly ever-changing organism. But I am no fool, I do get people will associate me with the person I was 10 years ago, I get it, I allow it, and I take it into consideration since it embodies the rules of our society. BUT I do not let it define my identity.
Therefore, if yesterday I said I had gotten over my Netflix addiction and I was giving tips on how to make your binges productive and now I am talking about treating my binge-watching addiction like alcoholism is treated in the AA program. I am not contradicting myself. Mainly because 3 different people (in 3 different moments in time) wrote that. I get that you might expect continuity from me. I will not give you that, stop expecting, find someone else that gives you such a thing.
So, these are the 4 types of content I have made and probably will make soo far. I am highly aware I will not succeed at Medium. This is not my intention — check out “My Medium Rules” to understand how I approach the platform-. I am here for other reasons besides pleasing an algorithm. (Which reminds me I have to come up with an argument on why have I joined the Medium Partner Program if I don’t expect money. Edit: I guess being young, precarious, and working for 6€/h is the reason why some extra cash would come on handy).
Also. I write when I have things to talk about, I will not feed you content every day so you get hang-up on me. I’ll write when there’s something I need to say, this is why I may write 3 articles on a row and maybe publish them at the same time.
And stop expecting seriousness, for the love of God, do not take everything I say seriously, I mean some things are laughable at, do it. I am not a serious writer, I am a Performance and you are here to enjoy it
With Love from me to you,